Italian Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 32 small fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, zucchini and mushrooms. Spoon over uncooked kabobs with reserved marinade; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Place a tomato on each skewer before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 kabobs) equals 315 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Beef Kabobs
"Grilled instead of broiled. Subbed red bell pepper for the mushroom."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.