- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 32 small fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, zucchini and mushrooms. Spoon over uncooked kabobs with reserved marinade; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Place a tomato on each skewer before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Kabobs in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p18
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Beef Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2015
"Grilled instead of broiled. Subbed red bell pepper for the mushroom."