Italian Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 32 small fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, zucchini and mushrooms. Spoon over uncooked kabobs with reserved marinade; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Place a tomato on each skewer before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now