Italian Beef Hoagies Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds), halved
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild pickled pepper rings, undrained
- 18 hoagie buns, split
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat; shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Add pepper rings; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 346 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.