You'll need just five ingredients to feed a crowd these tender tangy sandwiches. "On weekends, I start the roast the night before, so I can shred it in the morning," says Lori Piatt of Danville, Illinois.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds), halved
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild pickled pepper rings, undrained
- 18 hoagie buns, split
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Add pepper rings; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Hoagies in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p44
Reviews for Italian Beef Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review