Italian Beans and Pasta Recipe
"This hearty recipe calls for convenient pantry items, so it's extremely easy to prepare," writes Judy Henfey of Austin, Texas. "It's best served with warm bread on a cool, crisp day."
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, beans, spaghetti sauce, celery, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 9g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Italian Beans and Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC