Italian Bean Salad
Bottled dressing adds flavor in a flash to this salad sent in by Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona. "The recipe can be doubled or even tripled for potlucks, picnics or barbecues," she assures.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup julienned red onion
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- In a bowl, combine beans and onion. Add dressing and salt; toss to
- coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free dressing and salt-free seasoning) equals 83 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.