Italian Basil Pasta Salad Recipe
Ready for a big bite of summertime? Pass around this garden-fresh pasta salad. I'd suggest serving it at your next dinner party, potluck or luncheon. —Charlotte Gehle, Brownstown, Michigan
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled banana pepper rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 thin slices hard salami, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, yellow pepper, onion, pepper rings, olives, salami and basil.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 224 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Basil Pasta Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC