- simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine the ricotta, mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg, salt
- and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Layer with half of the pasta, a third of the meat sauce and half of
- the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and oregano.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 431 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.