Italian Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; lightly coat chicken with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 191 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Italian Baked Chicken Breasts
"Very tender and great flavor!"
"Very good chicken recipe, but nothing particularly special about it. There are others recipes that require just as much effort and are better."
"The chicken came out juicy but the breading was too salty for our taste."
"easy to make and tastes great. I replaced the garlic salt (onion powder) and salt (Mrs. Dash original) with substitutes to bring the sodium down. I even had enough coatings to do three halves. What low-sodium sides would you recommend with it?"
"This was okay. Nothing special"
"This chicken was incredible! When I asked my husband what he thought of it I never expected him to say 'it was amazing.' He usually only likes chicken on the grill. I did tweak the recipe a bit. I added a bit more vinegar, I used seasoned bread crumbs (and a bit less parsley) I didn't have butter flavored cooking spray, so I just buttered the pan and then drizzled melted butter over top. The thing that I think made the big difference was I added about 1/4 cup of grated parm/romano cheese. And instead of regular salt and pepper I used McCormick's garlic pepper seasoning grinder. It turned out so lovely, was very flavorful and juicy!"
"Loved the flavor!"
"I too was surprised how tender the chicken was. Very good and great flavor. Thanks."
"I was surprised at how well the breading stayed on the chicken breast."