This flavorful baked chicken is tender and juicy. It's perfect served with green beans, Italian bread and your favorite side salad. Shirl Parsons - Cape Carteret, North Carolina
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; lightly coat chicken with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Baked Chicken Breasts in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p16
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Baked Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review