- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; lightly coat chicken with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Baked Chicken Breasts
"Very good chicken recipe, but nothing particularly special about it. There are others recipes that require just as much effort and are better."
"The chicken came out juicy but the breading was too salty for our taste."
"Family enjoyed this. Quick and easy!"
"Easy to make and tastes great. I replaced the garlic salt (onion powder) and salt (Mrs. Dash original) with substitutes to bring the sodium down. I even had enough coatings to do three halves. What low-sodium sides would you recommend with it?"
"This was okay. Nothing special"