Italian Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; lightly coat chicken with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Baked Chicken Breasts(6)
Sort By :
Family enjoyed this. Quick and easy!
Easy to make and tastes great. I replaced the garlic salt (onion powder) and salt (Mrs. Dash original) with substitutes to bring the sodium down. I even had enough coatings to do three halves. What low-sodium sides would you recommend with it?
This was okay. Nothing special
When I first saw this recipe, I had hesitation that it would taste dry. I was wrong! To feed my family of 6, I multiplied the recipe by 3. Instead of using cooking spray, I poured 4 tablespoons of melted butter over top the chicken. I would recommend this...... it is easy and delicious.
This chicken was incredible! When I asked my husband what he thought of it I never expected him to say 'it was amazing.' He usually only likes chicken on the grill. I did tweak the recipe a bit. I added a bit more vinegar, I used seasoned bread crumbs (and a bit less parsley) I didn't have butter flavored cooking spray, so I just buttered the pan and then drizzled melted butter over top. The thing that I think made the big difference was I added about 1/4 cup of grated parm/romano cheese. And instead of regular salt and pepper I used McCormick's garlic pepper seasoning grinder. It turned out so lovely, was very flavorful and juicy!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >