Even people who aren't wild about baked beans enjoy this dish - it puts a new twist on an old summertime favorite. I received the recipe from my brother-in-law and use it often for gatherings. If I have lots of time, I cook the beans on low in a slow cooker - easy and delicious!
Featured In: 23 Favorite Italian Recipes
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the pepperoni, green pepper and onion in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato paste, mushrooms, seasonings and beans; mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Italian Baked Beans in Country Extra July 1994, p49
Reviews for Italian Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review