My mother and I made changes to a cookbook recipe to create this casserole. We increased the vegetables significantly, and it now receives rave reviews at get-togethers. It's definitely not your average green bean casserole.
- 6 cups cut fresh green beans (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans, artichoke hearts, parsley, cayenne and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Artichoke-Green Bean Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p46
Reviews for Italian Artichoke-Green Bean Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review