Italian Appetizer Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Transfer meatballs to a 4-qt. slow cooker; add spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 meatball with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.