- 6 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh cilantro, parsley, dill and mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumber, carrot, green onions, jalapeno and herbs. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the tomato mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Israeli Pepper Tomato Salad
"I include chopped black olives in my mixture. This reminds me of "Patafla," a Mediterranean salad that it is often used as a meatless sandwich filling. At my husband's request, I omit the mint because he says it is overpowering although, personally, I like it."