Our comfort food is a big plate of sausage with couscous. Add in some onion, celery, a little heat and a sprinkle of feta. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, FL
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked spinach and feta chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth, water and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Israeli Couscous & Chicken Sausage Skillet in Taste of Home September/October 2015
Reviews for Israeli Couscous & Chicken Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review