Islander Nachos Recipe
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Brush onto both sides of tortillas; sprinkle tops with sugar mixture.
- 2. Stack tortillas, top sides up; cut into sixths. Arrange wedges, sugared sides up, in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until creamy. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Fold in pineapple. Arrange tortilla wedges on a large serving platter. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wedges. Top with bananas, coconut and nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving: 296 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Islander Nachos
"I made these for a brunch party with some girlfriends. They were such a big hit, I had to print out 3 copies of the recipe for my friends to take home!"