- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Brush onto both sides of tortillas; sprinkle tops with sugar mixture.
- Stack tortillas, top sides up; cut into sixths. Arrange wedges, sugared sides up, in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until creamy. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Fold in pineapple. Arrange tortilla wedges on a large serving platter. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wedges. Top with bananas, coconut and macadamias. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Islander Nachos in Taste of Home October 2011, p27
Reviews for Islander Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2011
I made these for a brunch party with some girlfriends. They were such a big hit, I had to print out 3 copies of the recipe for my friends to take home!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >