Island Vacation Party Mix
What's not to love about this taste of the tropics? With a simple, no bake method, you'll be munching on this snack in no time.
Melissa Talbott, Peoria, IL
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (6 ounces) chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup white baking chips
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals and nuts; set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, sugar and corn
- syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook cereal mixture, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add coconut; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring once. Spread onto waxed
- paper to cool. Stir in pineapple and chips. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 407 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.