Island Vacation Party Mix Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (6 ounces) chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup white baking chips
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals and nuts; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook cereal mixture, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Add coconut; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Stir in pineapple and chips. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Island Vacation Party Mix(10)
Sort By :
This disappeared fast in my house. I also melted the chips so they covered everything and it was great.
I've waited a long time to make this. Just never got around to it! Am I sorry! This is great & so fast! I'm bringing it to the Cancer Relay for Life tomorrow! I'm sure the girls will go crazy over it! Feels like I'm back in Hawaii!!
I made this for our monthly BUNCO gathering... and oh my YUMMY it was gone... I added the choc chips with the coconut so they melted a bit... I think it made it alot better... We will make it again and again
I made this for my friends bridal shower in april and I still am getting requests for the recipe in november. I used almonds instead of macadamia nuts to be a little more cost effective. The sweet and salty mix is perfect!
So yummy - will make again and again
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Snack Mix >