Island Spiced Salmon
From Bullhead City, Arizona, Kathryn Samodell shares her tasty treatment for salmon. "This mildly sweet and spicy rub is delicious on the moist fish and is a nice switch from traditional butter and lemon," she says.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Rub
- over flesh side of fillet; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place skin
- side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 ounces cooked salmon) equals 229 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.