From Bullhead City, Arizona, Kathryn Samodell shares her tasty treatment for salmon. "This mildly sweet and spicy rub is delicious on the moist fish and is a nice switch from traditional butter and lemon," she says.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Rub over flesh side of fillet; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place skin side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Island Spiced Salmon in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Island Spiced Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review