The filling in these wraps is loaded with bold flavors that all work together. It's so good you could eat it with a fork or just serve it with some pita or tortilla chips.
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups sliced peeled mangoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- In a small saucepan, combine chutney and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken sausage in oil; remove meat and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute red pepper until tender.
- Spoon the rice, red pepper, mangoes, onion, pineapple, cilantro, sauce mixture and chicken sausage down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Island Sausage Wraps in Everyday Chicken Honda 2014
Reviews for Island Sausage Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review