Island Pork Roast Recipe
This fork tender roast is a nice mixture of sweet and tangy. I like to serve it over rice and the leftovers make wonderful sandwiches.Heather Campbell, Lawrence, Kansas
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Place onion in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add pork. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, curry, salt, pepper, bay leaf and reserved juice. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Add pineapple during the last hour of cooking.
- Remove the meat, onion and pineapple to a serving platter; keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Island Pork Roast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Island Pork Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin >