Island Crunch Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon creme de cacao
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Remove half of the mixture to a small bowl. Fold in pineapple and coconut; pour into crust. Stir cooled chocolate and creme de cacao into plain cream cheese mixture; fold in chocolate chunks. Carefully spoon over pineapple layer, spreading evenly.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. For sour cream layer, combine all ingredients in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Sprinkle toasted coconut and macadamia nuts over cheesecake. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Island Crunch Cheesecake
Sort By :
"My family loved this cheesecake..."
"I followed recipe exactly except for the time which I added extra 15 minutes. I won two first places with this!"
"May be the best cheesecake I ever made."
"After setting up in the fridge one night, I thought this was good, my husband thought ok. The next night, I thought it was great and he thought it was good. Much better the 2nd night. Also, I let it cook on 350 for 60 minutes and 10 minutes for the topping. I didn't put the coconut and nuts on until I served it. I think some of the other cooks had to let it cook longer because you have to let your waterbath heat up in the oven for at least l/2 hour before you put the pan in and then add more boiling water. If you put it in a cool pan and add water you will have to cook longer."
"This has been a huge hit with everyone who has tried it. I did bake it at 350 degrees instead of 325. For the sour cream layer, I baked it 10 mintes."