Island Chicken with Mango Slaw and Curry Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium mango, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, cut into strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, 2 tablespoons oil, jerk seasoning and garlic powder. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mango, spinach and red pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining slaw ingredients until blended. Drizzle over mango mixture; toss to coat. Serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup slaw and 2 tablespoons sauce: 293 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Island Chicken with Mango Slaw and Curry Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.