- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve coconut cream pudding mix
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, coconut and pudding mix. Place 10 rolls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; layer with half of the sugar mixture, 1 cup pineapple tidbits, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts and 1/4 cup butter. Repeat layers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator about 1-3/4 hours before serving; let rise in a warm place until dough reaches top of pan, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove plastic wrap. Bake coffee cake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Island Breezes Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p36
Reviews for Island Breezes Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2017
"This sounds sticky buns gone Hawaiian! Love the ingredients and looking forward to making this weekend."