Isaiah's Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar and pie spice; cut in shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Isaiah's Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping
Sort By :
"I made these last night and they were amazing! I made as directed except I used regular flour because I did not have any gluten-free and I cut in butter on the topping since I did not have shortening. I was making them for a church luncheon today and after tasting one I could not keep my husband away from them! Big Yummy!!!!"
"Good but not great. The texture was perfect, loved the way these baked up, but the flavor was lacking. Needs a bit more of something, they were too bland for me."
"Don't you require xantham gum with the g.f. flour?"
"My kids are not to excited about eating gluten free for their sister. They all love this recipe I use cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice For those who want to make it Gluten free and need a recipe for gluten free flour mix 1 cup of white rice flour, 1 cup of brown rice flour, 1/4 cup potato starch flour, 1/3 cup tapioca starch make a small batch of gf flour mix and works great for the flour in this recipe"
"This was the first recipe I tried in her cookbook and we loved them. My husband who is not gf even commented on how great they smelled."