- 1-3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar and pie spice; cut in shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Isaiah's Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping
"My husband's diet has to be totally gluten free. I have been cooking GF for 8 years, trying different cakes, desserts,rolls, etc. This is the very BEST GF recipe that I have made and he totally agreed. This is probably the first time that the texture was NOT the usual gf "gritty sand" texture. We could not even tell they were GF and the taste was fabulous!! Tasted like a rich piece of carrot cake!! Yummy!!"
"I made these last night and they were amazing! I made as directed except I used regular flour because I did not have any gluten-free and I cut in butter on the topping since I did not have shortening. I was making them for a church luncheon today and after tasting one I could not keep my husband away from them! Big Yummy!!!!"
"Good but not great. The texture was perfect, loved the way these baked up, but the flavor was lacking. Needs a bit more of something, they were too bland for me."
"Don't you require xantham gum with the g.f. flour?"
"My kids are not to excited about eating gluten free for their sister. They all love this recipe I use cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice For those who want to make it Gluten free and need a recipe for gluten free flour mix 1 cup of white rice flour, 1 cup of brown rice flour, 1/4 cup potato starch flour, 1/3 cup tapioca starch make a small batch of gf flour mix and works great for the flour in this recipe"
"This was the first recipe I tried in her cookbook and we loved them. My husband who is not gf even commented on how great they smelled."
"These are the best pumpkin muffins I have ever made or had! I'm still craving them from last fall. I used regular ingredients as i am not gluten intolerant."
"I made this recipe with whole wheat flour I could not find the gluten free flour. I also added two tablespoons of flaxseed and wheat germ to the recipe. It turned out GREAT! Will definitely be making again!!! Delicious!"
"OMG I made them every week since the magazine arrived....friends, family, holidays, co-workers....you name it. Yummmmmm! These are to die for and the best part is they are guilt free. Thanks for the recipe!!! :)"
"I made these and they were excellent. I used splenda sugar instead of regular sugar. for just being recently diagnosed gluten free person this was a great recipe to have."