Isaiah's Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping Recipe
These tender muffins have a subtle pumpkin flavor and sugary topping that make them special. Fabulous warm, they make a quick gluten-free breakfast your whole family can love. —Silvana Nardone, New York, New York
- 1-3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar and pie spice; cut in shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 306 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Isaiah's Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC