- crumbled). Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased
- 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire
- For filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in a saucepan.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup hot filling into egg yolks; return all to
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut, butter and vanilla
- until butter is melted.
- Pour hot filling into crust. In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft
- peaks form. Gradually beat in marshmallow creme on high speed until
- stiff glossy peaks form. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing
- edges to crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool
- on a wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for at least 3 hours before
- serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 480 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.