Irresistible Carrot Soup Recipe
Every time I make a pot of this creamy soup, everyone comments on its appealing taste and eye-catching color. It's irresistible.—Anneliese Deising, Plymouth, Michigan
- 3 leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional grated carrots, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks in butter for 1 minute. Add carrots and cook 2 minute longer. Stir in broth, rice, mace and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice and carrots are tender. Cool slightly. Puree in batches in a blender; return to pan. Add cream; heat though but do not boil. Garnish with carrots if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 217 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,000 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC