- 3 leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional grated carrots, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks in butter for 1 minute. Add carrots and cook 2 minute longer. Stir in broth, rice, mace and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice and carrots are tender. Cool slightly. Puree in batches in a blender; return to pan. Add cream; heat though but do not boil. Garnish with carrots if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Carrot Soup in Country Woman January/February 1998, p35
Reviews for Irresistible Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2014
"This is a very nice, filling soup. We dont use the mace. We love this recipe, had the cookbook & have made it for years."