Irish Spud Strips
"I came up with this recipe by sheer luck when I was trying to create a good tasting yet different side dish," explains Naomi Kay Smith of Canandaigua, New York. She tosses the crisp fries with Cajun seasoning and Parmesan cheese. "They're a bit hit with my family."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese and
- Cajun seasoning. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Pat
- potatoes dry with paper towels; place a third of the strips in a bag
- and shake to coat. Cook in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden
- brown. Turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with
- remaining potato strips. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if
- desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.