Irish Spud Strips Recipe
"I came up with this recipe by sheer luck when I was trying to create a good tasting yet different side dish," explains Naomi Kay Smith of Canandaigua, New York. She tosses the crisp fries with Cajun seasoning and Parmesan cheese. "They're a bit hit with my family."
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese and Cajun seasoning. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Pat potatoes dry with paper towels; place a third of the strips in a bag and shake to coat. Cook in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining potato strips. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Irish Spud Strips in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p61
Reviews for Irish Spud Strips(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2012
Oh My Gosh! These are fantastic. I used less cajun seasoning and added 2 teaspoons of chili seasoning and 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Definite keeper for something different in potatoes.