Irish Potato Salad Recipe
By combining potatoes, corned beef and cabbage, this hearty salad is a perfect dish for St. Patrick's Day. Everyone in my family favors the one-of-a-kind flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes, optional
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and cube potatoes.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over warm potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and chill.
- 4. Just before serving, stir in the corned beef, cabbage and radishes if desired. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, onions, milk, mustard if desired and remaining salt; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC