Irish Potato Salad
By combining potatoes, corned beef and cabbage, this hearty salad is a perfect dish for St. Patrick's Day. Everyone in my family favors the one-of-a-kind flavor.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes, optional
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; cool slightly. Peel and cube potatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery
- seed and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over warm potatoes and toss to
- coat. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, stir in the corned beef, cabbage and radishes if