- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups peeled cooked diced potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the first seven ingredients in the order given. Whisk eggs and milk; pour over the cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Irish Pie
"I BOUGHT FROZEN CUBED HASHBROWN POTATOES OR IN THE LUNCH MEAT SECTION YOU CAN BUY CUBED COOKED POTATIES"
"Well here's what I did... Used sausage links chopped up because that's what I had and the leftovers of a roast chicken for that part. Did about 2/3 of the recipe in a 9x9 pan which was about right. Forgot to put the egg mixture over it till it had been cooking about 15mins - whoops! Also forgot to cover it while cooking! Double whoops! Anyways, it turned out tasting good although I will probably add some more seasonings next time and also try and remember to cover & add the eggs & milk at the right time! It sure is comfort food though."
"This wasn't bad, but i agree that it's somewhat time consuming, what with having to prepare the potatoes ahead of time. However, I used Schwan's diced cooked chicken and that helped a bit. Not bad tasting."
"The only thing I DON'T like about this recipe is sharing it!"
"This is a really good recipe. My only critique is that it was a little salty. Maybe Garlic Powder next time? I used a roasted chicken from the grocery store, reduced fat Jimmy Dean sausage, egg substitute, reduced fat cheeses and skim milk."
"My family loved this!"
"My son raved about this recipe. He likes plain dishes, so any of you who have kids like that should try it. I really liked it too, and I can't say why - it's just a good combination. Those of you who like things "kicked-up" won't like it, but you can add whatever spices you like. I'm puzzled by those who found it time-consuming to make - I used precooked chicken but I cooked my own potatoes. It took only about 30 min max to prepare (not counting baking time, if course). I will definitely make this dish again and I high recommend it as good comfort food."
"I made this recipe as well, it was quite time consuming, and in reading the initial comment, she made some changes as well. I found it to be very dry."
"This is very yummy. It takes a little while to prepare but it's worth the time. I even enjoyed the leftovers.Teachogue"