- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups peeled cooked diced potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the first seven ingredients in the order given. Whisk eggs and milk; pour over the cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Irish Pie
"I BOUGHT FROZEN CUBED HASHBROWN POTATOES OR IN THE LUNCH MEAT SECTION YOU CAN BUY CUBED COOKED POTATIES"
"Well here's what I did... Used sausage links chopped up because that's what I had and the leftovers of a roast chicken for that part. Did about 2/3 of the recipe in a 9x9 pan which was about right. Forgot to put the egg mixture over it till it had been cooking about 15mins - whoops! Also forgot to cover it while cooking! Double whoops! Anyways, it turned out tasting good although I will probably add some more seasonings next time and also try and remember to cover & add the eggs & milk at the right time! It sure is comfort food though."
"This wasn't bad, but i agree that it's somewhat time consuming, what with having to prepare the potatoes ahead of time. However, I used Schwan's diced cooked chicken and that helped a bit. Not bad tasting."
"The only thing I DON'T like about this recipe is sharing it!"
"This is a really good recipe. My only critique is that it was a little salty. Maybe Garlic Powder next time? I used a roasted chicken from the grocery store, reduced fat Jimmy Dean sausage, egg substitute, reduced fat cheeses and skim milk."