- rosemary, pepper and remaining salt. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or
- until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the broth, beer, brown sugar and
- potatoes; heat through.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet; top with cheeses. Broil 3-4
- inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top each with a cheese toast. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup soup with 1 slice cheese toast equals 347 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,119 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.