- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Irish Herbed Potatoes
Sort By :
Not bad, but there was too much dill in the recipe for me.
Being full Irish myself, I love this recipe. Have to lol about the people worried about the nutrition values. If you only decide to eat these on St Patrick's Day, why bother, enjoy. You should really be concerned about those 12 beers you are looking forward to having that day. I do agree that you can get by w/ less butter (1/3 cup) is plenty. If you think about it, you don't see many fat Irish folks.
I made these for St Patty's dinner, and they are absolutely delicious! I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the 1/2 c butter called for in the recipe. I used half as much (4T) and it was still PLENTY to coat the potatoes. I will definitely make these again.
I made these for St. Patrick's Day for my daughter and her best friend (now another daughter) both of whom are in the Navy. Now when my "newest" daughter drives up for a visit, her most requested food are these "CRACK" potatoes...so called because of her addiction to them! Will be making them again for her soon!
Definitely a keeper! I made this recipe exactly as written and I wouldn't change one thing.