Irish Flag Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Divide spinach among four plates; top with pears, oranges, cheese and pistachios.
- 2. Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Irish Flag Salad
"Yummy!!! VERY light and refreshing...will DEFINTELY make again...omitted the salt...used a few chopped walnuts...didn't need the additional salt...in a pinch how about a can of madarin oranges drained..."
"excellent salad! Just omit the salt from the dressing for a salt free dressing. I will be making this for St. Paddy's day!"
"My kind of salad! Yummy!"
"A very yummy salad. I prefer pecans over pistachios and skip the feta, as my family eats dairy-free. I usually eat this salad without the dressing, but I made it when I want to dress it up for guests. You can also serve it with Balsamic Vinaigrette if you don't have time to make the dressing."
"I would not make it at all because of the amount of sodium in it."