Irish Flag Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Divide spinach among four plates; top with pears, oranges, cheese and pistachios.
- 2. Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Irish Flag Salad
"Yummy!!! VERY light and refreshing...will DEFINTELY make again...omitted the salt...used a few chopped walnuts...didn't need the additional salt...in a pinch how about a can of madarin oranges drained..."
"excellent salad! Just omit the salt from the dressing for a salt free dressing. I will be making this for St. Paddy's day!"
"My kind of salad! Yummy!"
"I would not make it at all because of the amount of sodium in it."