Pleasing and patriotic, this salad features green spinach, orange fruit and white cheese, mimicking the colors in the national flag of Ireland. It’s a refreshing starter to any meal.—Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Divide spinach among four plates; top with pears, oranges, cheese and pistachios.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Irish Flag Salad in Country Woman February/March 2011, p40
Reviews for Irish Flag Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review