Irish Creme Drink
We top off holiday celebrations with this creamy beverage. With sweetened condensed milk and ice cream, it's like a liquid dessert!Fred Schneider, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Grated chocolate and additional chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; beat until
- smooth. Set aside.
- Place grated chocolate and additional chocolate syrup in separate
- shallow bowls. Hold each glass upside down and dip rim in chocolate
- syrup, then dip in grated chocolate. Pour drink mixture into
- prepared glasses. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings (1/2 cup
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog. Melted ice cream should not be stored in the refrigerator, so discard any leftover mixture.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without grated chocolate and additional chocolate syrup) equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium,