I created this yummy chocolate trifle when I was given a bottle of Irish Cream liqueur as a gift and had leftover peppermint candy. I've served it with both liqueur and coffee creamer…and candy canes, too! It's always rich and decadent. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup refrigerated Irish creme nondairy creamer
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 12 mint Andes candies, chopped
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, carefully poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour creamer over cake; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place a third of the cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and candies; repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p31
Reviews for Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review