Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle Recipe
I created this yummy chocolate trifle when I was given a bottle of Irish Cream liqueur as a gift and had leftover peppermint candy. I've served it with both liqueur and coffee creamer…and candy canes, too! It's always rich and decadent. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup refrigerated Irish creme nondairy creamer
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 12 mint candies, chopped
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 2. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, carefully poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour creamer over cake; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 4. Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place a third of the cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and candies; repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC