Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle
I created this yummy chocolate trifle when I was given a bottle of Irish Cream liqueur as a gift and had leftover peppermint candy. I've served it with both liqueur and coffee creamer…and candy canes, too! It's always rich and decadent. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup refrigerated Irish creme nondairy creamer
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 12 mint candies, chopped
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, carefully poke holes in cake about
- 2 in. apart. Slowly pour creamer over cake; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let
- stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place a third of the cubes in a 3-qt.
- glass bowl. Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and
- candies; repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16