- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in applesauce and vanilla (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with liqueur, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in liqueur. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe over tops of cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Irish Cream Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I made these for my office and my co-workers loved them.The cupcakes are moist and the flavors are nice and fresh. I substituted mocha in the frosting for the irish cream as they blended very nicely. Popcorn salt added to the frosting gets rid of the extra sweetness in the sugar."
"I made this for a party and everyone loved them. They are so moist and just the right amount of liquor."
"Cake is excellent, moist and sweet and a crispy edge. Frosting has the perfect balance of Baily's."
"These were tasty according to my husband and his co-workers but too sweet. I knew when I was making them that 1.5 cups of sugar seemed like an awful lot of sugar but wanted to make it exactly as stated for the first go. Next time, I will cut back on the sugar by a half-cup & see how it is. I did like the texture of these cupcakes - dense and very "cakey"."