Creme de menthe adds a colorful touch to the cream. But made without, the coffee still lives up to its reputation as a relaxing after-dinner drink. Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee (French or other dark roast)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon green creme de menthe
- Divide sugar and whiskey between two mugs; stir in coffee. In a small
- bowl, beat cream and creme de menthe until thickened. Gently spoon
- onto tops of drinks, allowing cream to float. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: You may also use a portable mixer with whisk attachment to thicken the cream mixture in a 1-cup measuring cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 203 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.