- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in butter for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a roasting pan. In the same skillet, saute onion and carrots until crisp-tender. Place around roast. Sprinkle with paprika. Add broth to pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour pan drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. Add water to measure 2-2/3 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and sour cream until smooth. Add drippings, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the roast.
- Refrigerate or freeze remaining pork (may be frozen for up to 3 months). Yield: 12 servings (3-1/3 cups gravy).
Reviews for Iowa Pork Roast
Sort By :
"Many, many thanks to Pat Botine for sharing this wonderful recipe! Must admit to not using the carrots and adding a little more salt and paprika to gravy -- but this recipe is scrumptious. With the sour cream and paprika it has a central European flair and is so simple to make. The amount of gravy is perfect for leftovers and goes great with orzo. So rare to find a recipe online that is this good."
"my family all enjoyed it =)"