Iowa Ham Balls Recipe
- 3-1/2 pounds ground ham
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Using a 1/3 cup measure, shape mixture into 2-in. balls. Place in two large shallow roasting pans. Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over balls. Bake at 325° for 1 hour, basting frequently with sauce. Yield: about 15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 606 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,648 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Iowa Ham Balls
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer